In the next month, Development-X will be rolling out the new Mobility Service app for Android for use with Ostendo.
This app will allow ‘Service’ type businesses to assign and send jobs directly out to field staff. The unique part about this is that once the data is synchronized on the device it is available off line allowing the following functions to either existing or new jobs:
- Add Materials and Labour
- Add Photos
- Add Drawings
- Add Voice Notes
- Add Signatures
- Complete checklists comprising mandatory and optional information captured.
- Get directions using Google Maps
- Auto date/time tracking of ‘on site / off site’
- View downloaded Customer details thereby allowing emailing / phoning from the device.
Once the field staff are then back within internet range, they can synchronize again to upload completed Service Sheets and download any new jobs / customers or products.
Update 180 was released in May 2014 with some exciting new features.
The download to this update is available from :
Key New Features:
- Integration to Accounting Software now includes
- MYOB AccountRight Live (Std & Plus)
- Enhancements to Custom Manufactured Items
- Quick Inventory Transfer Screen (reducing data entry)
- Ability to create ‘Prospects’ for Quoting
- Timesheet Entry Interpretation for Payroll
- Multiple BOM’s Versions
- Multiple Sales and Job Quote Revisions
- Company Assets can now be linked as Customer Assets for the purpose of Preventative Maintenance and Service History
- Purchase Order Approvals (ability to set purchase limits by user)
- Ostendo ‘Skins’ enabling users to define their own look and feel for Ostendo.
- New API service allowing third party developers to easily integrate their own applications to Ostendo
A comprehensive document relating to these and other new features can be downloaded from: